Wednesday 7 July 2010

Lunchbox Special - Thai style sweetcorn fritters with a creamy chilli dip

I needed a low fat but tasty lunch for my daughter and myself to take into work tomorrow. I had a hankering after something Thai style, but was unsure what. I then remembered I had seen a recipe in one of my many recipe books for a Thai corn fritter. Knowing I had sweetcorn in the freezer, I went searching for the recipe but alas couldn't remember where I'd seen it. I decided to just make it up as I went along, the result is shown on the left with the fritters nestled on a bed of shredded lettuce, carrot and cucumber and the dip in a littlle pot. I had to try one as I was making them, it would have been rude not too and I have to say "yum" I can't wait for my lunch tomorrow.
Makes 16 Fritters
( Slimmers World - Syn Free)
Sweetcorn - I used frozen defrosted in the microwave, probably about 2 cups full or I would say approx 1 tin? (Sorry can't be more precise I didn't think to measure!)
1 tsp Thai Yellow curry Paste
1/2 tsp Garlic Granules
1/2 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes - I would have used fresh garlic and chilli, but was feeling a bit lazy!
1/2 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
1 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
2 Eggs

Spray oil for frying.

Mix all the ingredients for the fritters together. Spray a frying pan with the oil, fry heaped teaspoons of the fritter mix on each side till lightly browned and set. Cool and pack 8 of the fritters per lunchbox on a bed of salad.

Creamy Chilli Dip
(3 Syns per portion)
For each portion of dip mix together 1tbsp 1/2 fat creme frais, 1 tbsp low fat natural yogurt and 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...