Wednesday 30 January 2013

Easy Peasy Low Fat Banana Loaf.

A friend of mine gave me this recipe for a low fat banana loaf. There is no fat at all in the recipe and I was a little skeptical that it would work, but faced with three of the most manky bananas' in history and a pathological hatred of wasting food, I decided to give it a go.

I needn't have worried - it was yummy.


So much so, it was almost gone before I remembered to take a photograph!

Ingredients:

  • 8oz Self raising flour (The original recipe specified wholemeal but I was out of wholemeal at the time)
  • 3oz Brown sugar
  • 3 Mashed ripe bananas' ( I can testify here that even totally black mushy bananas will work well)
  • 2 Beaten eggs
  • 1tsp Baking powder
  • A handful of fruit (optional) I added chopped walnuts and they worked well.
Mix bananas and eggs together. Add flour, sugar and baking powder. Put into a lined 1lb loaf tin and bake at 180 for 40 mins.

Thats it!! 
Easy Peasy!

12 comments:

  1. I agree I would be concerned with no fat in there! But it certainly looks yummy and I am guessing that as there is barely any left that it tasted yummy too. My eldest boy is a big fan of banana bread and in fact will have to try the youngest too. I've got some bananas on the turn...right off to the kitchen for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a recipie you'll be using again! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a banana loaf, it's been ages since I last made one (I used to substitute some of the flour for Lidl's version of Weetabix). Your's looks delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, that is easy! My other half likes banana bread so may just give this a try..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love banana bread and usually make a slightly less healthy version, but this one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK.... brain racking time.... what can you do with a few bits of leftover gammon? I am looking for something different to use up the remains of this coming weekend's Sunday roast, which is, naturally, a small gammon joint. Any ideas oh wise one?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very tasty! Just popping by to say I am your partner in Daisy Row's Springtime Swap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks nice, I'll give that a try. I'm sure the bananas weren't manky - just full of character !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lush xx

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey hunnie, just to let you know that I have nominated you for an Award! Please visit my latest blog post for the details http://crivenscottage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/an-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just made this, took an extra 5 mins cooking time but this is seriously the best banana loaf I've made! I normally find them greasy and heavy but the lack of fat made it much lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine is cooking right now and smell s lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...