Wednesday 19 January 2011

Rock the Kasbah!

Google Images

Just before Christmas our local primary school held a Christmas Fair in the village hall, and one of the stalls was a lovely lady promoting a new belly dancing class that she was setting up for beginners in January.

I've always had a hankering after learning to belly dance, and I really do need to do something - in this age where fitness is touted as a goal for everyone, I do nothing.

No gym, no wii fit, no exercise videos. 

A little gentle stroll walk now and again, but nothing too sporty for me.
Frankly fitness regimes bore me.

Sooooo ... 

Belly dancing seems perfect to me, something fun, interesting and with a bit of an edge to it.

I attempted to persuade a daughter or two to come along with me for moral support...

Youngest daughter -"Errrrr no mam, don't think so!"
Eldest daughter -"I don't do that sort of thing, it doesn't interest me."
Middle daughter - "Yeh, that sounds fun! will Dave watch Flic for us?"

So I got me a dancing buddy, bought us a couple of these...


 ... arranged for grandad to babysit...

and off we went.
Was it fun? - Yes
Did it work the muscles?- Yes
Was I the oldest there? - No
Was I the only one with a big generous belly? - No
Will I go back? - Yes
Will I end up with a figure as good as this? 
Google images
In my dreams!





9 comments:

  1. Sounds great, I fancy Zumba but still trying to get someone to go with me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always fancied trying this as it looks so much fun. Mind you, I'd probably ruin my other hip. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of it too, but would need someone to go with me for moral support! Well done on you for going, it must be so much fun! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh same here it's something I would fancy giving a go, bet it was a giggle!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun. I would love to give it a go if I could find a suitable victim to come along with me! Mind you if I could get myself a figure like that I think I could be brave enough to go on my own. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant :0)
    I'd love to do it. When they've got one near us I may just join in :0)
    Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted to do this ever since I read a very fun 80's book called Also Known As Sadzia The Belly Dancer. You should pick it up from Amazon if it's available cheapily, I seem to remember it being really sweet and having rather captivating descriptions about the costumes.

    So glad you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I belly dance too, sometimes, in a darkened room, with no mirrors, nobody else in the house. I was shown how decades ago, and then of course, was the perfect shape, now.... well, as I say, in a darkened room etc. But good on you for doing it and good luck... keep the dream though!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...