Oooh I do love swaps!
I recently took part in Lakota's Jubilee Swap.
I was partnered with Ruthy from Minibreak Mummy.
Here's what we sent each other...
... Ruthy sent me:
- A beautiful card.
- A gorgeous little granny blanket in shades of red and blue - fabulous for little Flic to use in the car when Grandad insists on having his window down!
- A lovely blue beaded bag charm.
- A handmade needle case in one of my favourite colours, purple, with a cross stitch butterfly on it.
- A fabulous cross stitched linen nightdress case, which goes perfectly on my Edwardian bed.
- A tin of Jubilee tea...
- ...and to put it in a beautiful 1977 Silver Jubilee china mug.
I love that on the reverse of the mug is the celebration of another anniversary the 240th anniversary of the Shannow Mills.
I sent Ruthy...
- Four 1970's print handmade napkins - there was a set of six when I bought them but sadly two of them were badly stained.
- A 1960's "hostess set" still in the original box - this consists of a ceramic topped wooden salt and pepper set and matching salad servers.
- A square glass trinket dish in colours that I thought might look good in Ruthy's caravan.
- To be honest my only "Jubilee" related item was an organza and bead broach which I made for Ruthy and mounted on a Queen of Hearts playing card.
- Ruthy loves cross-stitch books and I found a "Storybook" cross-stitch book which thankfully Ruthy didn't already own. I was very tempted to keep the book, even though I don't do cross-stitch as I loved the illustrations of the projects - I settled for just photographing one or two...
I'd like to thank Ruthy for being a fabulous swap partner.