Tuesday 10 July 2012

Faith, Hope and Charity Jubilee Swap

Oooh I do love swaps!

I recently took part in Lakota's Jubilee Swap.

I was partnered with Ruthy from Minibreak Mummy.

Here's what we sent each other...

... Ruthy sent me:
  • A beautiful card.
  • A gorgeous little granny blanket in shades of red and blue - fabulous for little Flic to use in the car when Grandad insists on having his window down!
  • A lovely blue beaded bag charm.
  • A handmade needle case in one of my favourite colours, purple, with a cross stitch butterfly on it.
  • A fabulous cross stitched linen nightdress case, which goes perfectly on my Edwardian bed.
  • A tin of Jubilee tea...
  • ...and to put it in a beautiful 1977 Silver Jubilee china mug.
 I love that on the reverse of the mug is the celebration of another anniversary the 240th anniversary of the Shannow Mills.

I sent Ruthy...


  • Four 1970's print handmade napkins - there was a set of six when I bought them but sadly two of them were badly stained.
  • A 1960's "hostess set" still in the original box - this consists of a ceramic topped wooden salt and pepper set and matching salad servers.
  • A square glass trinket dish in colours that I thought might look good in Ruthy's caravan.
  • To be honest my only "Jubilee" related item was an organza and bead broach which I made for Ruthy and mounted on a Queen of Hearts playing card.
  • Ruthy loves cross-stitch books and I found a "Storybook" cross-stitch book which thankfully Ruthy didn't already own. I was very tempted to keep the book, even though I don't do cross-stitch as I loved the illustrations of the projects - I settled for just photographing one or two...
 
 
Ruthy has also posted about what she sent me and the parcel that she received.

I'd like to thank Ruthy for being a fabulous swap partner.

Linda
xxx

3 comments:

  1. You've both chosen some beautiful things! I love the hostess set you sent Ruthy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a fabulous swap partner too! The broach you made for me is so beautiful and I will treasure it always. And I really enjoyed putting together the parcel to send to you.

    Love and hugs,

    Ruthy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant stuff all round, that nightdress case will be perfect on your bed. So glad you enjoyed the swap, thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...