Tuesday 30 August 2011

Pizza Night

Last night was a pizza night in our house.

Home made of course.

I decided to make a wholemeal base, in an attempt to make things healthier, and made home made coleslaw using red cabbage and red onion as a side dish.


I topped one with a traditional tomato topping then added a couple of mushrooms and some chopped cooked bacon rashers, then a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar.

Then I did a bit of an experiment (for  me) and made a "white" pizza.


Same wholemeal base, but then rubbed liberally with basil flavoured olive oil which I then sprinkled with chopped garlic, mozarella cheese, and chopped fresh rosemary. Sliced pre boiled potatoes over that and finally an extra sprinkling of cheddar and final drizzle with more basil flavoured olive oil.

Dave's favourite was still the tomato topped one which I knew it would be, though he did declare the white pizza "very nice" - I on the other hand preferred the white pizza, the subtle combination of garlic rosemary and basil paired with the potatoes and olive oil was just fantastic.

Off out now to meet up for a day of shopping and nattering with one of my oldest friends.

Linda xxx.

3 comments:

  1. Stop it! I'm hungry now. You know how much I love pizza.
    Have a lovely day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I love the sound of that white pizza. Must give it a try some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite food is pizza. Always make our own. Must try your white pizza that looks and sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...