Wednesday 30 March 2011

Fabric Workshop & Heart Swap

Remember in my last post I told you I'd been to a fabric workshop?

It was a cushion making day at Bill Quay Fabric Workshop in Gateshead.

The workshop does lots of fabric printing, batik and fabric collage and we were encouraged to have a  rummage through their scrap bag to find bits and pieces to incorporate into the cushion covers.

Here's what we made:

Laurie's cat cushion.

Kim's flower cushion.

Elaine's rainbow cushion, made to her little daughter's specification. (mummy hand painted the rainbow especially).

Catherine's batik strip cushion.

Katy's flower cushion - Katy had never sewed before but painstakingly hand sewed a sequin into the centre of every flower.


My abstract night sky cushion cover...

...and the filled cushion (the colours in this photo are more true to life than the one above).

We all had a brilliant day and the cost which included materials was a very reasonable £15 each.

Now to the heart swap, I was paired with the lovely Helen from Moonstruckcreations .

A really big thank you to Helen for being a brilliant swap partner, she has really spoilt me, just look at all the loveliness that she sent me.

All beautifully wrapped in gorgeous heart tissue paper which opened to reveal ...


Yummy heart shaped chocs (oops these didn't last long!), two lots of lovely ribbon patterned with hearts, two pink heart sticks, a fantastic rustic "home is where the heart is" heart, a gorgeous hand sewn white felt heart embellished with pink hearts and buttons (this is one for Flic's room because as soon as she sees it she will declare it "hers"), a set of heart shaped cookie cutters, a set of silicone heart moulds, a lovely heart shaped mirror and a heart shaped box with 3D heart confetti in it.

What a lucky girl I am!!

Thank you Helen xxx



12 comments:

  1. Looks like a good day out - your cushion is very arty, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all lovely cushions x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely cushion's. what a great day out. Also some nice swap goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and creative work! Love your purple one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the cushions! I feel the urge to make some myself. I was only looking at my cushions the other day thinking I need some nice new ones. Will get my thinking cap on and start creating a nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for my birthday pressie :) I love it xx Great cushions xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cushions, they are all wonderful and each so different! Great swap goodies too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day!
    Love your cushions....
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'd love more information on the workshop!
    Bill quay is not too far away and im sure one of the girls i used to work with works there xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are lucky indeed :o) Lovely swap presents :o)

    I think your cushion workshop looked great, and your cushion is such lovely colours :o)

    Have a great weekend, and a lovely Mothers Day :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda, good to know that the PO got their act together at last!!

    Pleased to hear that you like the swap, it was a bit nerve wracking as it was the first one I ever signed up to (the other one was hilarious as I was signed up with my best friend so of course we know each other all too well!!)

    These cushions are fantastic, I especially like the night sky one (suppose I would with a blog name like mine!)

    Thanks again for all the swap items you sent me, I love them all!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful blog! hugs from Sao Paulo, Brazil!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...