Monday 21 June 2010

Trying to lose weight

One of the reasons I have set up this blog is to encourage myself to do the things I want to do and need to do in order to lead a simpler more resourceful life. It’s not that I do terribly badly at it right now; it’s just that I sometimes wander off the path and forget the way. I can be quite scatty and I often forget what it is that I really want, so hopefully setting up and writing this blog will help me to focus on what I want to do and actually get me motivated to do it – well that’s the theory anyway.

I have been trying to lose weight for the past couple of months and have succeeded in losing two stones by (loosely) following the Slimming World diet. I started by going to the class, but after a couple of weeks I felt that I was just paying to be weighed and then hang around for an hour to find out how everyone else had done so I decided to go it alone. Since then my eldest daughter Ellie (who is the only one still living at home) decided to join me and a number of people at work also began slimming world, so we all try to support each other. Anyhoo, in the last few weeks I have sort of lost momentum so while I haven’t put any weight back on I’ve sort of stagnated and need to get back on track, so this week I’ve done a menu plan. I may not stick entirely with it, but it gives me a focus.

Today’s menu plan:

Today:
Breakfast – Yeo Valley Organic Yogurt (Yes I know only mullerlight are syn free, but they contain sweeteners and the rest, so I made a decision that for me any organic yogurt is syn free – told you I follow slimming world loosely – if you stick with me you will see I have introduced many other idiosyncrasies into the diet, but I reckon so long as I lose the weight and it works for me it's ok. Oh and also breakfast is actually at 10.00 break time as I don’t like to eat earlier.)

Lunch: (Wasn’t organised enough last night so had to grab something quick from ASDA on my way to work this morning) Tilda steamed brown

basmati rice with butternut squash, north Atlantic prawns ( I don’t like to buy farmed prawns after reading news reports about the chemicals used) and some mixed salad.

Eve Meal: Prawn ommlette, Slimming World Chips and Salad made from the ingredients in my organic vegetable bag, so excepting the prawns all ingredients will be organic.

I've also tried to get organised for tomorrow with lamb shanks in the slow cooker and HM bread for Dave's sandwiches, pics posted below.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...