Tuesday 27 November 2012

All aboard for The Polar Express!!!


 On Sunday evening my daughter, granddaughter and myself were booked on The Polar Express!!!! 

We live only yards away from Frosterley Station on The Weardale Railway line, and this year they are running The Polar Express.

The train ride is inspired by the book by Chris Van Allsburg and of course the film, it has previously only been available in America.  


The ride begins at Stanhope Station only 2 miles from my house, where we picked up our tickets. 
We wore our Jim Jams of course!


Once we were on our way the ticket collector punched the tickets...


 
...singing chefs' entertained and delivered hot chocolate and cookies.


There was a great deal of jollity and fun as we wound our way through the night to the North Pole, where we picked up the big man himself!!!


Santa gave each child their own special bell.

Flic declared "I can hear it! I believe!!"

We had a magical time. Flic's face was a picture, so full of wonder!

Yes it was a bit expensive, and to critical adult eyes there were one or two things that could have been improved on but the reaction of my granddaughter and the obvious awe and amazement that she experienced throughout the whole trip made it priceless.

Linda xxx


4 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful - especially for the little one!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the film and the book is on this years christmas list. Me and My eldest Henry watched it repeatedly last year in December and would of loved to actually go on the 'polar express'.

    I hope you got to keep your golden tickets, as they would be something to frame and treasure for ever especially for your granddaughter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a wonderful evening of fun and adventure. I bet your granddaughter loved it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...