Sunday 11 December 2011

Jewellery Making

My eldest daughter Eleanore asked me to do a little repair on the necklace that I made for her last Christmas.


Eleanore is a confirmed lover of all things gothic and a big fan of Edgar Allen Poe so I based the necklace on The Raven.

As I had my jewellery making kit out I decided to get on with a couple of the projects I've been wanting to make for this Christmas. (They are for my daughters, but I'm quite safe showing them on here as they never read my blog.)

Earlier this year, I received a bracelet kit in one of the swaps I took part in. I felt it would be perfect for my youngest daughter Natasha.

I changed the pearl bead that came with the kit for the heart shaped bead as the hole in the one that came with the kit was too large for the head pin. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

I also made this...


for Eleanore.

I used a black lace "collar" that I sourced off ebay and attached black chain to either end and a fastener. I sewed on a shiny gunmetal/black mounted cabouchon and then added a little black bow. I do hope she likes it. 

I'm off now to look for some inspiration for a piece to make for middle daughter, Rachael, but before I go I'll leave you with an update on my advent swap goodies.


Linda xxx

7 comments:

  1. The lacy necklace for Eleanore is just gorgeous, and definitely my type of thing as well. I am sure she will love it.
    Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jewellery is absolutely stunning, that raven pendant adn black lace collar are amaxing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried jewellery making myself, I think they are pretty, and what a good idea to use the lace collar, I loved that one!

    Enjoy you tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely necklaces, especially the lace one.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog, your Yule sound lovely, especially watching the sun come up on the Moors with a cuppa, so picturesque

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely choices!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My eldest daughter would love these :o)

    Have a Merry Christmas Linda, and enjoy your time with Flic (she's still coming right?)
    Have a most splendid New Year!
    Take care my lovely.
    Speak to you next year :o)

    Love n hugs,
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hun great pieces of jewellery there! I am loving all my swap goodies so far thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...